Tuesday, June 30, 2009
I'm getting better!
I went to the Tri Club swim at La Jolla Shores last night and it was definitely my best swim to date. They had a group for beginners and gave us tips for our upcoming tris. We practiced quickly getting into the water with dolphin dives under the waves a few times and I was the first one out each time. Then we swam parallel to the shore for a while and then back the other way. I'm not sure how far it is (about half a mile if not more) but I feel confident I'll be OK for the 5/8 mile swim at Carlsbad. I'll get 3 more swim practices in before the race assuming all goes well. Noah brought Chinese food over last night and I found out that sweet and sour chicken didn't mix so well with the gallons of salt water I'd swallowed during the swim. This is also possibly what is making my ankles swell occasionally? I consume A LOT of salt on my swims! Training for a triathlon really takes a lot of time. This week's schedule - Monday: La Jolla Shores swim. Tuesday: Track Club workout. Wednesday: run. Thursday: bike in the morning, run in the evening. Friday: morning bike ride and La Jolla Cove swim. Saturday: Track club ran (this weekend 4th of July race). Sunday: bike ride. Full but fun so far!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment