Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Europe, here I come!

With less than month before we leave for Europe, Noah and I are finally getting around to booking the second half of our trip. Last night I spent hours researching hotels in Aubenas, Montelimar and Valence in hopes of finding a hotel room that hadn't been snatched up by fellow Tour de France watchers. I found and booked a hotel in Valence which is about 1 1/2 hours from Aubenas just so we'd have somewhere to stay in case we couldn't find anything closer. I finally resorted to going to the websites for the various Aubenas hotels and emailing them as best I could in French. One wrote back and we're booked! Or at least I think we are. All they needed to reserve the room was our name and when we would be arriving. No credit card. we don't get a confirmation number. Let's hope we have a room when we get there! Aubenas looks like a very cute little town. I'm probably more excited about going there than anywhere else in Europe. There's still much to do: we need to book the Barcelona hotel, buy a travel blow dryer (I'm going to have these pictures forever, I'm going to look cute!), get all the stuff we'll need to convert our electronics to Europe sockets, buy the rail tickets to get from place to place... Very exciting.

I've also decided to do the Las Vegas marathon in December since it's the same weekend as the rodeo and we'll be there anyway. It should be interesting to see all the people still out from the night before while I'm running...

No comments: